Location: Wabush, Labrador Newfoundland
Job Code: 831
Cliffs Natural Resources Inc. is an international mining and natural resources company. A member of the S&P 500 Index, the Company is a major global iron ore producer and a significant producer of high- and low-volatile metallurgical coal. Cliffs’ strategy is to continually achieve greater scale and diversification in the mining industry through a focus on serving the world’s largest and fastest growing steel markets. Driven by the core values of social, environmental and capital stewardship, Cliffs associates across the globe endeavor to provide all stakeholders operating and financial transparency.
The Company is organized through a global commercial group responsible for sales and delivery of Cliffs products and a global operations group responsible for the production of the minerals the Company markets. Cliffs operates iron ore and coal mines in North America and two iron ore mining complexes in Western Australia. In addition, Cliffs has a major chromite project, in the feasibility stage of development, located in Ontario, Canada.
Are you looking for a great opportunity in the mining industry? Then come join ourteam of professionals and gain solid work experience in the iron ore business.Wabush Mines, owned by Cliffs Natural Resources is a large producer of iron orepellets located in western Labrador. With approximately 700 employees, WabushMines operates a mine and concentrator in Wabush, NL and a pelletizing plantin Pointe-Noire, QC.
(Competition number: WM12006)
Wabush Mines has an immediate opening for Instrumentation Repairpersonsat its open pit and concentrator complex in Wabush, Labrador. Being part ofour Electrical Department the successful candidates’ key responsibilities willinclude:
• Conduct repairs, installations, testing and calibration on electrical and mechanical equipment
• Equipment varies from scales, indicators, recorders, capacitors, controllers,valves, registers, solenois, and PLC’s
• Read and update equipment drawings as required
• Qualified candidates will have completed an apprenticeship and have obtainedan Instrumentation Repair Interprovincial Certificate (Red Seal)
• 5+ years of experience in a related field
• Previous experience in an industrial and/or unionized environment
We offer an attractive remuneration package including a range of benefits anda dynamic working environment where growth is encouraged and supported.